夢 (Dreams/Fiction) is a surreal journey down into the rabbit hole of our daily commutes. Our characters, both real and imaginary, reveal the deep secrets and possible worlds that the subway conceals.
This short film is a part documentary and part fictional essay film about the New York City subway. The film uses a variety of visual techniques, including archival, narrative and cinema verite.
– Japanese and Spanish with English subtitles
– Music by Matson Jones
– Narrated by Tomoyo Yamada
– Featuring Steven Loring, Emily Parkey, and the daily commuters of the New York City Subway.
– Camera by Raul Paz Pastrana
– Written and Directed by Raul Paz Pastrana