Filmed in the heart of the Ecuadorian Amazon in the Yasuni biosphere, “OME: Tales From a Vanishing Homeland” offers incredible access to the unique and ancient way of life of the Huaorani, one of Ecuador’s most isolated indigenous groups. OME explores the intricacies of the Huaorani way of life, highlighting their connection to land and family, while raising questions about their future survival as oil companies encroach upon Ome, their homeland.
Running Time: 38 min
USA & Ecuador // Color // HD // Spanish and Waoterero with English subtitles.
Awards and Screenings:
- 2015 Moscow International Documentary Film Festival
- 2015 Cayman Islands International Film Festival
- 2015 Great Lakes Environmental Film Festival, Milwaukee WINNER “2015 Spirit of Activism Award”
- 2014 IFFEST Document.Art, Bucharest, Romania WINNER Next Generation Award (EX AEQUO)
- 2013 CINE Golden Eagle Award WINNER
- 2013 International Documentary Association (IDA) Nominee for the DAVID L. WOLPER STUDENT DOCUMENTARY AWARD
- 2013 Louisville’s International Festival of Film SCREEN PREVIEW
- 2016 Ethnografilm Festival, Paris France